If you are planning to get a new or an old vehicle, you must know what is a good MPG. There are several factors that help to determine the MPG of a vehicle. So, in this post, I’ll tell you what is a good MPG for a car. Here, I have also explained how you can calculate the MPG of your car. You can keep on reading if you want to know what is a good MPG in detail.
What Is A Good MPG?
A good MPG means that your vehicle consumes less fuel for a larger distance per mile. Here, MPG is the number of miles a car can travel for each gallon of fuel you put in your car. So, for example, a car with 60.1 MPG will be able to travel for 60.1 miles for every gallon of fuel.
Now, what is a good MPG rating for a car? For a brand new car, a good MPG is around 50 to 60.
What Is A Good MPG For A Used Car?
Mostly, used cars give less mpg as compared to the new cars. A good MPG rating for a used car is at least 35 mpg.
What Affects MPG?
There are several factors that impact your MPG. Below, I have listed a few of them for you.
- Driving very hard with sudden acceleration.
- Aggressive turning
- Inconsistent and long overdue oil changes.
- An alignment that is not tuned properly.
How To Determine A Vehicle’s MPG?
Below, I have given a few factors that will help you to determine what is a good MPG for your car.
- Type of Vehicle: According to research, smaller engines produce better mileage compared to larger ones. This is because of the vehicle’s weight. In short, you can say the smaller the engine, the lesser fuel it needs!
- Type of Fuel Used: Now, the quality of fuel can lower the friction in your vehicle’s engine. This can ultimately affect the gas mileage.
- Fuel Octane: Next, the fuel octane’s rating can directly affect the gas mileage. In fact, this number tells the rate at which the engines burn the gas based on the fuel reduction to additive ratio.
- Type of Driving Conditions: Usually, you get better gas mileage on highways instead of city streets. In fact, MPG is usually about three to five miles more on the highway.
- How You Drive: Last but not the least, a good MPG depends on how you drive your vehicle. For example, aggressive drivers typically experience worse fuel economy than those who drive slower.
Good MPG For Different Types Of Vehicles
Over here, I have presented some vehicles having a good mpg. Let us first check out what is a good MPG for an SUV.
|Telsa Model Y||Up to 129 mpg-e|
|Hyundai Kona Electric||120 mpg-e|
|Ka EV6||117 mpg-e|
You can keep on reading to know what is a good MPG for a sedan.
|Hyundai Sonata Hybrid||52 mpg|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||48 mpg|
|Lexus ES Hybrid||44 mpg|
You can keep on reading to know what is a good MPG for a sports car.
- Sports Car
|Honda Civic Si.||30 mpg|
|Chevrolet Camaro||23 mpg|
|Mazda MX-5 Miata||29 mpg|
You can keep on reading to know what is a good MPG for a truck.
|Hyundai Santa Cruz AWD||23 mpg|
|GMC Canyon 2WD||23 mpg|
|Chevrolet Colorado 2WD||23 mpg|
You can keep on reading to know what is a good MPG for a diesel car.
- Diesel Car
|Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDi||72.4 mpg|
|Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 BlueHDi||70.6 mpg|
|Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTI||78.5 mpg|
You can keep on reading to know what is a good MPG for a petrol car.
- Petrol Cars
|Fiat 500 0.9 TwinAir||74.3 mpg|
|Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 108||68.9 mpg|
|Volkswagen Skoda Citigo||68.9 mpg|
Is 30 MPG Good?
Yes, 30 mpg is classified as good.
On Whatisss you can get to know more facts like these.
What Is A Good Average Miles Per Gallon?
As a rule of thumb, an efficient car will do more than 60 miles per gallon. Anything over 50 miles per gallon can be regarded as decent fuel consumption. If you’re getting below 25 miles per gallon, efficiency probably isn’t your priority.
Is 22 Mpg City Good?
The average is 22 mpg on the highway. For city gas mileage, few break the 20 mile per gallon mark. There are some SUVs that have better gas mileage. The Honda Odyssey has the best highway gas mileage of the minivans, but it still can’t get 20 miles per gallon in the city.
Is 19 Mpg Good For A Car?
Don’t expect to attain higher than 20 mpg overall with a non-hybrid, and most offer less than 30 mpg on the highway. The best fuel-efficient non-electric vehicles get the following EPA-estimated combined numbers: Small Pickup: Chevrolet Colorado 2WD Diesel and GMC Canyon 2WD Diesel get 23 mpg.
What Is A Good Mpg For A Used Car?
More specifically, as far as “good gas mileage” goes, we’re talking cars that bank around at least 35 mpg
With the help of my above article, you got to know what a good MPG means. Basically, MPG means miles per gallon. It helps to determine how much fuel your car burns in comparison to the distance it covers. Once you understand what is a good MPG, you are ready to purchase stylish used or new cars!
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CaresGuru
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CrazzyCricket
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit CricFor