Learn how to turn on AutoCorrect to save yourself from typing an inappropriate message. The AutoCorrect feature automatically fixes your misspelled words. You’ll find this feature on almost all devices such as Windows, Android, iPhone, and Mac. In today’s post, I will show you how to turn on the AutoCorrect feature in detail. The process of enabling AutoCorrect on your device is very easy and quick. Here, we have covered the steps to activate this feature in Google Docs, Word, and WhatsApp also. You can keep on reading further to learn how to turn on AutoCorrect on the device you use.
How To Turn On AutoCorrect?
In this section, I will show you how to turn on AutoCorrect. The AutoCorrect feature corrects misspelled words that don’t fit in the sentence only when you turn on this feature. Even Microsoft Windows supports this feature.
Follow these steps to know how to turn on AutoCorrect in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + I to launch the Windows Settings app.
- Now, select Time & Language from the left side menu.
- On this page, go to the Typing section.
- Here, turn on the AutoCorrect misspelled words toggle switch.
Thus, your Windows PC will now fix all mistakes in your texts in apps installed from the official Microsoft Store.
Turn On AutoCorrect On iPhone
iPhone support many different languages so does the AutoCorrect feature. You can follow these steps to learn how to turn on AutoCorrect on your iPhone.
- In the iOS Settings app, go to the General section.
- Then, scroll down to choose Keyboard.
- Here, go to the All Keyboards section.
- Now, turn on the Auto-Correction toggle switch.
When the toggle switch turns “green”, the AutoCorrect feature is enabled!
Turn On AutoCorrect On Android
Even Android offers an AutoCorrect feature to help you fix misspelled words. Follow these steps to know how to turn on AutoCorrect on Android.
- First, open Settings of your Android phone.
- Then, select General Management.
- Now, tap on Samsung Keyboard Settings.
- On this page, select the Auto Replace option.
- Scroll down to turn on the toggle switch.
However, you can also enable AutoCorrect in Gboard. Simply tap on the text field to open up your keyboard. Then, tap on the Gear icon to open the Settings page. From this page, select the Text Correction option.
Note: Follow the same steps if you want to know how to turn on AutoCorrect in Vivo, Samsung S21, and Samsung S20.
Turn On AutoCorrect On Mac
AutoCorrect is meant to enhance a user’s experience without any flaws. You can follow these steps to know how to enable AutoCorrect on Mac.
- Head towards Apple Menu.
- From System Preferences, choose Keyboard.
- Here, go to the Text tab.
- Lastly, select the Correct Spelling Automatically checkbox to enable AutoCorrect.
Thus, all the spelling will be checked while you type, and mistakes are automatically corrected.
Turn On AutoCorrect On Google Docs
You can also manage your writing suggestions in Google Docs. Follow these steps if you want to learn how to turn on AutoCorrect on Google Docs.
- First, open a document in Google Docs.
- Navigate to the toolbar and click on the Spell Check symbol .
- A pop-up box will open up in the top right corner.
- Here, you can click on Change to use a suggestion.
- Click on Ignore if you want to ignore a suggestion.
- Click on More and select Accept all or Ignore all to accept or ignore all suggestions.
After turning on this feature, all misspelled words will be underlined in red.
Turn On AutoCorrect In Word
The AutoCorrect feature is very helpful and easily fixes misspelled words in Word too. You can follow these steps to know how to turn on AutoCorrect in Word.
- Open the word file in Microsoft Word.
- Click on the File menu and select the More option.
- From the pop-up menu, select Options.
- This will bring up the Word Options window.
- Select Proofing from the left sidebar.
- Go to the “AutoCorrect Options” section.
- Here, click on the AutoCorrect Options button.
- In the AutoCorrect tab, check the options boxes to select specific features that you like.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes.
You can also select the Automatically use suggestions from the spelling checker checkbox if required.
Turn On AutoCorrect In WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging app. You can use the AutoCorrect feature to correct spelling as you type. The procedure of how to turn on AutoCorrect in WhatsApp iPhone is very simple. Open the Settings app >> General >> Keyboard >> Turn on the AutoCorrection toggle switch.
When it comes to how to turn on AutoCorrect in WhatsApp Android, open Android’s Settings. Here, go to System & updates >> Languages and Input >> Keyboards >> Gboard >> Text correction >> Corrections >> turn on the AutoCorrection toggle switch.
Thus, the AutoCorrect feature will be now activated and your issues with incorrect words will be solved!
Turn Off AutoCorrect
Now, I hope you’ve understood how to turn on the AutoCorrect feature on several devices and applications. You can also turn off this feature in a similar way and on various devices. First, let us check out how to turn off AutoCorrect on iPhone.
You can easily turn off this feature from the iOS Settings app. Here, go to General Page >> select Keyboard >> All Keyboards >> turn off the AutoCorrect toggle switch. You can even disable AutoCapitalization and Check Spelling so that your text appears exactly as you type it.
Learn how to turn off AutoCorrect on Android if you don’t want to use this feature. Head towards the Settings app >> System >> Language and Input >> Keyboards >> Gboard >> Text Correction. Here, slide the toggle into the Off position to disable it.
You can easily turn off AutoCorrect on your Mac computer if you know how to turn off AutoCorrect on Mac. From the Apple menu >> select System Preferences>> Keyboard >> Text >> uncheck the “Correct Spelling Automatically” checkbox. This will help you to turn off AutoCorrect.
AutoCorrect can automatically detect incorrect words in Google Docs. But, do you know how to turn off AutoCorrect on Google Docs? Open a document in Google Docs >> Tools >> Preferences >> General >> Uncheck the box next to AutoCorrect.
You can easily turn off spell check and AutoCorrect in Word too. Just click on File >> Options >> Proofing >> AutoCorrect Options. Here, uncheck the options boxes you don’t want.
On Whatisss You Can Get To Know More Facts Like These.
How Do I Turn My Autocorrect Back On?
How to Turn On Autocorrect on Android
- Open the Settings app and go to System & updates > Languages and input > Keyboards > Gboard.
- Choose Text correction and scroll down to the Corrections section.
- Locate the toggle labeled Auto-correction and slide it into the On position.
How Do I Make My Keyboard Autocorrect?
Manage Autocorrect on Android
- Go to Settings > System.
- Tap Languages & input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard.
- A page that lists all the virtual keyboard apps installed on your device appears.
- In the settings for your keyboard, tap Text correction.
- Turn on the Auto-correction toggle switch to enable the autocorrect feature.
How Do I Get My Autocorrect Back On My Iphone?
To make sure that this setting is turned on, use these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Auto-Correction. By default, Auto-Correction is on.
Why Is My Word Autocorrect Not Working?
From the menu click File tab > Options. This will open up the Word Options in a new window. Next, select Proofing. Make sure to select both the Check spelling as you type and the Mark grammar errors as you type options under the When correcting spelling and grammar in Word section.
How Do I Fix AutoCorrect On Android?
Under the Virtual keyboard, Android will list all the keyboard apps installed on your phone. Tap on your default keyboard or any other keyboard for which you want to change the autocorrect setting. Now, tap on the Text correction option, and you’ll get to the Auto-correction setting.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to turn on AutoCorrect on a laptop and other devices. AutoCorrect and Predictive text help users fix their sentences. You can easily enable this feature on Windows PC by opening the Windows Settings app >> select Time & Language >> Typing section >> turn on AutoCorrect. On macOS, click on Apple Menu >> System Preferences >> Keyboard >> Text tab >> select the Correct Spelling Automatically checkbox. The steps for turning on AutoCorrect on iPhone are similar to turning off the AutoCorrect feature. Once you learn how to turn on AutoCorrect, you can easily enable and disable this feature!